Chris Long is the Founder, CEO, and Head Coach of Longevity Sport and Fitness. Chris' love for fitness started at a young age when he first discovered his talent on the football field. Chris went to Santa Margarita High School where he led his team to a CIF Championships while maintaing a 3.8 gpa. His determination to be the best allowed Chris to earn a academic scholarship at the University of San Diego where he was a vital player and leader for the Toreros.
Off the field, Chris was named a 2-Time Academic All-American and he obtained his degree in Business Administration. Following college, Chris played years of professional football which led him to the next step passion in his life, personal training.
Chris has been at the top of the fitness industry for over a decade as he was named the Personal Trainer of the Year and the Fitness Manager of Year at 24 Fitness. He also was a Fitness Manager at Equinox where he took over locations in California upon acquisition from Sports Club of L.A. In Chris' time at Velocity, he was mentored by strength and conditioning strength and conditioning coach, Mike Lynn, Olympic training coach, Rhett Larson, and the founder of the organization, Loren Seagrave. Chris helped secure a million dollar partnership in 2006 between Nike and Velocity sports performance. The agreement allowed Velocity to name each of their training locations as Official Nike Sparq facilities.
Additionally, Chris has a passion for training high level athletes including Jelani McCoy, Carson Palmer, Ryan Forehan Kelley and many, many others. Chris is a driven, focused, and intense trainer who is a master at what he does. He specializes in sports performance movement and motivation for athletes. Chris gets the very best out of all those his works with.
Chris has taken all of the years of excellence and experience in the fitness industry and has opened the most cutting edge fitness and training studio in Southern California and plans on growing it nationally. There is no one as intense or as talented as Chris Long in this industry. Chris makes certain each of his clients attain results. In his words, "if you decide to embark on this journey with us at Longevity, you better be ready to bring it!"
* AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
* Bodybugg Calorie Management System Certification
* CPR Certification
* International Sports Sciences Assoc. - Personal Trainer Certification
* KETTLEBELL – Certified Kettlebell Instructor
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Corrective Exercise Specialist
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Optimum Performance Certification
* National Academy of Sports Medicine - Sports Fitness Specialist
* National Exercise and Sports Trainers Assoc. Personal Fitness Trainer
* National Strength and Conditioning Assoc. - Certified Strength and ConditioningSpecialist®
* TRX Suspension Training – Certified TRX Instructor
* USA Weightlifting Certification